Pages

Friday 19 February 2016

The Window Seat

This morning (late morning) I showered, dressed, made a delicious cup of coffee and put on my Adele album, just like any Saturday. The chill vibes were overflowing, but I couldn't figure out why. As I sat in the chair next to the window seat in our playroom, I looked at the seat, the windows, through the open window into the garden and at the books that line the wall next to that corner. The air was crisp and the sun was warm, no leftover stench of yesterday's heat and sweat. Suddenly I realised what was different about this beautiful Saturday morning. Autumn was in the air and it made all the refreshing difference. It made the light funnel into the room in warm blocks and lines; the books feel close and nurturing; the terrarium seem cold and damp, unfreezing as the sun touched the glass panes. It was all highly poetic and very pretentious, but I didn't care because it made me feel ecstatic with the promise of something new and overwhelmingly grateful for this lovely nook of nature and books and music and yummy coffee in which I found myself this morn.










Don't know quite what this was, but if you liked it, please, do leave a comment. xx

4 comments:

  1. You have a beautiful way with words! I know your lovely Mum through blogging. Nice to read your blog now! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a beautiful way with words! I know your lovely Mum through blogging. Nice to read your blog now! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tina, such a lovely comment :) xx

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete